As a branch of surgical medicine that treats severe musculoskeletal injuries, Dr. Jaime Hernandez can treat patients with the most complex injuries through trauma surgery. With his expertise and compassionate approach, he works to restore function, alleviate immediate pain, and help you regain your quality of life.
As an orthopedic trauma physician with training in trauma surgery, Dr. Hernandez has received a specialized focus on treating fractured bones and joint realignment to promote a safe recovery for his patients. Under his care, we work to treat patients with multiple broken bones and fractures near joints such as the hip, knee, or shoulder.
Some of the conditions Dr. Hernandez and his team can treat include:
- Acute fractures (or traumatic bone fractures that occur quickly)
- Non-acute fractures (or repeating fractures due to repeated physical stress)
- Complex peri-articular fractures along the joint
- Complex intra-articular fractures within the joint
- Fractures that fail to heal
- Factures that healed improperly
- Osteomyelitis (or bone infections)
Orthopedic fractures can occur to anyone at any time, and trauma surgery aims to restore the joint’s function as quickly and fully as possible. In trauma cases, surgical treatments ensure a complete recovery, allowing patients to recover quickly. While fracture care is always a part of orthopedic care, trauma surgery focuses on following patients through all stages of recovery and helping them receive the comprehensive care they need to resume life.
When you choose to work with Dr. Hernandez, we can provide the following services:
Through his office, patients will always receive an immediate assessment and stabilization of any acute injuries or fractures they may have. From there, thorough examinations and diagnostic tests will be done to identify the extent of the trauma, and he will collaborate with other specialists to ensure an accurate diagnosis.
Once a proper diagnosis has been reached, Dr. Hernandez and his team will provide various surgical interventions depending on your trauma’s severity, location, and source. Some surgeries he may perform include:
- Fracture Fixation: Utilizing advanced techniques, Dr. Hernandez performs fracture fixation surgeries to align and stabilize broken bones, promoting proper healing and restoring function.
- Soft Tissue Repair: Injuries to tendons, ligaments, and muscles often require surgical repair to optimize healing and restore mobility.
- Joint Reconstruction: In complex trauma cases involving joint damage, Dr. Hernandez performs joint reconstruction surgeries to restore joint stability and function.
- Wound Care and Debridement: Cleaning and debridement of wounds to prevent infection and facilitate healing.
- Nerve Repair: Surgical interventions to repair injured nerves, helping restore sensation and function.
From there, Dr. Hernandez will provide a detailed recovery plan for his patients using a collaborative approach with physical therapists to monitor their progress and use the latest pain management strategies.
If you’ve experienced a traumatic injury, Dr. Jaime Hernandex is here to provide expert trauma surgery care. Contact us today by calling one of our locations throughout Southern California to schedule an appointment and take the first step towards regaining your quality of life.