If you’re living with pain or discomfort from a degenerating or injured hip joint, Dr. Jaime Hernandez can help. As an esteemed orthopaedic surgeon, he works with patients all over southern California to help restore their mobility and quality of life. Hip replacement surgery restores the functionality of hips impaired by degeneration, injury, or disease. The results can help boost your quality of life and let you return to enjoying what you love most.
Discover Our Comprehensive Hip Replacement Services
Our hips are an essential part of our freedom of movement. More than just allowing the free movement of our legs, they’re involved in almost every movement we make. They help us maintain our equilibrium, support our body weight, and contribute to our balance and stability. When their structural integrity becomes impaired, it can produce pain, inflammation, and limited range of motion. When you come to see Dr. Hernandez, you’ll receive expert care built on the following key elements:
- Personalized Consultation – Dr. Hernandez built his standard of care on solid patient-doctor relationships. The foundation of your care will be a comprehensive consultation that covers your medical history and symptoms. The results will provide a solid understanding of your needs, experiences, and goals in treatment. You’ll feel heard and understood at every stage of your treatment journey.
- Advanced Surgical Techniques – His dedication to providing the best results to his patients has led to a commitment to keeping up with the latest surgical techniques and equipment. Applying state-of-the-art techniques ensures that you’ll receive the best care and helps ensure the best treatment outcomes. Through the use of robotic-assisted surgery, computer-assisted navigation, and minimally-invasive procedures, you’ll experience faster recovery time and reduced scarring.
Hip replacement is a relatively straightforward procedure in the majority of cases. The most popular approaches in modern orthopaedics are minimally-invasive treatments. The following steps are involved in this style of procedure:
- Comprehensive Preoperative Evaluation – Before the surgery, you’ll undergo a thorough evaluation with Dr. Hernandez. This will include X-rays, MRI scans, and a medical history review to identify potential complications.
- Anesthesia – As part of the procedure, you’ll receive anesthesia. For the minimally-invasive procedure, you’ll usually be given regional anesthesia. Traditional surgical approaches will require general anesthesia.
- Incision – An incision is made over the hip joint to access the target area.
- Removal of Damaged Material – The damaged material will be removed in preparation for placing the prosthesis.
- Placement of The Prosthesis – The replacement hip will be placed, and the incision closed.
With Dr. Hernandez handling your case, you’ll be back on your feet quickly. Your recovery process will be outlined thoroughly following the end of the treatment. Following them closely will ensure a successful surgery and smooth recovery.
Contact Dr. Jaime Hernandez For Your Hip Replacement Needs
With a dedication to providing exceptional orthopaedic services, you can rest easy knowing you’re in good hands with Dr. Hernandez. Hip replacements are becoming more common, in part due to the availability of minimally-invasive treatments. With faster recovery times and outpatient options for treatment, now is the time to address the discomfort caused by damaged hip joints. Call us today at 818-901-6600 to schedule your consultation.